designworkplan a strategy design studio from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Learn about wayfinding and signage in this introduction article. Get in touch with designworkplan and learn about the services and offers for wayfinding and signage design.
What do you see?
Navigation from place to place is a fundamental human activity and an integral part of everyday life. Where are you? Where are you heading to? People use their knowledge and previous experiences to find their way in the build environment. The human perception of the build environment and information in a space comes down to balance and focus.
Structures in the build environment are interpreted and stored by the human memory. Distances, locations and time may be remembered differently than as they appear to be in reality. Wayfinding and information systems will guide people through a space and increases the awareness of a brand in relation to human perception.
Balance & Focus
designworkplan is a Dutch creative design agency that focuses on human behavior for wayfinding design and information systems. Our work is based on user-centered design for solving wayfinding problems in the build environment.
designworkplan a inspirational design agency that evolves around design, typography, wayfinding and information design. Learn more about design in the build environment and how this could apply to your business. — vision, strategy and execution by sander baumann.
Latest Educational Articles
- SEGD European Tour 2011
- SEGD Welcomes you! SEGD will introduce itself in Amsterdam, Berlin, Lisbon, and London during the 2011 SEGD European Tour October 12–19. Learn more about the European Tour. Read more – ‘SEGD European Tour 2011’.
- Introduction to Wayfinding and Signage design
- designworkplan introduction to wayfinding design and signage development on how to create a clear and concise wayfinding system for the build environment. Read the article. Read more – ‘Introduction to Wayfinding and Signage design’.
- The Sign Design Society Event: Defining a City
- An extensive review of The Sign Design Society event ‘Defining a City - How an informed choice of materials can influence a design and define the values of a City’ by guest author Hayley Branston. Read more – ‘The Sign Design Society Event: Defining a City’.